Real estate agents today face several occupational challenges in what is a highly competitive market. These are not necessarily unique to the industry but impact real estate professionals worldwide. In this blog, we look at the top 6 challenges affecting solo agents and agencies, and ways to solve them.
Table of Contents
- Amplifying property listings to attract a wider pool of buyers
- Generating and managing enquiries better
- Following up on all sales enquiries more efficiently
- Quick and easy access to marketing material
- Streamlining communication with customers and partners
- Strengthening brand visibility online
1. Amplifying property listings to attract a wider pool of buyers
Promoting property listings to global homebuyers is an ongoing challenge for real estate professionals everywhere. Noteworthy is that according to a recent 2021 NARS (National Association of Realtors) report is that “97% of home buyers used the internet to search for homes. As a result of an internet home search, buyers most often walked through the home that they viewed online, followed by viewing the exterior of homes because of searching online for properties.”
In addition, as this NYC article states, “in the pandemic, first-time buyers have the tech-smarts and now the tools to do all or part of their purchase online, sometimes even before seeing their new houses in person.”
With this in mind, it stands to reason that having a strong online strategy is critical in getting your real estate portfolio seen by prospects.
Real estate software like Qobrix enables you to add your properties to global directories like Zoopla, Zillow and RightMove, etc, directly from the CRM. Through this integration, you can expand your reach and amplify your listings to a significantly larger audience worldwide, at the push of a button.
2. Generating and managing enquiries better
A real estate professional is constantly looking for ways to acquire more real estate leads. This requires the use of a variety of tools and techniques. CRM integration with several real estate marketplaces exposes your property listings to more homebuyers, increasing the likelihood of generating more enquiries. These can then be recorded and managed in your real estate CRM.
Using a tool like Zapier will push enquiries generated via channels like Facebook, Instagram, etc, into your real estate CRM. This level of automation removes the need for manual entries or lists, freeing up time for your sales team to focus on managing and converting those enquiries into homebuyers.
Integration of your CRM with your website is another useful technique to help you better track and manage leads. The data of visitors to your site who complete a contact us form, a DEMO request form, etc, can be fed back into your CRM. Your sales team can then quickly follow up on the leads generated to close more deals.
Qobrix Real Estate software offers a variety of integrations to help you generate enquiries and manage them more efficiently.
3. Following up on all sales enquiries more efficiently
Properly managing your daily real estate activities is a vital part of converting an enquiry into a sale. Prospective homebuyers need to be nurtured throughout the entire purchasing journey. To be effective at this so as to close deals successfully requires a high level of efficiency.
- Simplifying the creation of tasks and assigning those tasks to others
- Prioritising of tasks by level of importance or due date
- Easy filtering of tasks to gain a comprehensive overview of who’s working on what
- Customisable dashboards and reporting for a more in-depth analysis of the status of all tasks
The process of managing property viewings is also optimised by Qobrix:
- A viewing can be quickly added into the CRM, given a subject name, linked to the relevant property, and assigned to a team member
- Viewings can be grouped by property to track status
- Qobrix’s advanced search functionality also enables you to group viewings by salesperson and dates to monitor overall number of viewings as well as total number of viewings per salesperson
4. Quick and easy access to marketing material
Real estate professionals want the ability to easily produce and distribute marketing collateral to customers and partners as quickly as possible. This includes brochures, leaflets, and any other type of useful material that will boost your chances of making a sale.
With Qobrix’s Brochure Creator, you can create brochures instantly, choosing from a free, ready-made template which can be easily customised with your company’s logo and branding. Content can be added to the brochure, modified, when necessary, and then emailed to your client directly from the CRM.
5. Streamlining communication with customers and partners
Good communication and fast exchange of information is key in establishing quality, long-term relationships with customers and partners. A positive experience is also one that earns you trust and increases the likelihood of a customer referral which in the real estate industry, is one of the most impactful forms of advertising.
Qobrix Real Estate software was built specifically for the industry to address these challenges. Qobrix’s Client Portal for example gives customers quick and secure access to all documentation regarding their property, reducing the need for a constant exchange of emails. This includes:
- Floor plans
- Site plans
- Property images
- Progress photos
- Contracts and agreements
- Financial statements (balance, payments due)
- Service statements
- A listing of their extras purchased, etc
Through the Client Portal, customers can also monitor the progress of their property and view the surrounding area using WEBCAM access. A weather widget can also track the weather forecast of the property’s location.
The Qobrix Agent Portal is another great tool to simplify communication with external partners. It gives brokers and external agents 24/7 access to their own personal space to obtain marketing material and project information generated by you.
Through the portal, you can share branded and unbranded sales and marketing material like presentations, flyers, videos, etc, for use by the broker or external agent. You can also upload useful documents such as pricing, signed contracts, agreed commissions, etc.
The Agent Portal also gives external agents and brokers access to your property listings. Other features are an advanced search functionality to easily search for properties that match client requirements, and access to pertinent property information like price, floor plans, availability, specifications, photographs, brochures, and more.
6. Strengthening brand visibility online
To stand out in what is an incredibly competitive global real estate market requires that you have a robust, visible online presence. Especially if one considers that 97% of homebuyers search the internet for properties.
So, what features attract visitors to a real estate website for long enough to convert into qualified leads?
According to the NARS report, “the most important website feature was photos for more than nine in 10 buyers under the age of 55. Detailed information about properties for sale was also very important to all age groups.”
Other important features include:
- Advanced search filters – you want to make it incredibly easy and quick for prospective homebuyers to search for properties on your site
- Responsive design across all devices – approximately 50% of homebuyers conduct their search on a desktop/laptop and 50% on a mobile device(s). Those aged 40 and younger were more likely to use mobile devices, and those 66 and older were more likely to use a desktop/laptop.” (NARS)
- Easy navigation – visitors to your site want an intuitive user experience that makes it simple for them to find what they need
- High quality photographs and videos – don’t compromise on the visual aesthetic. First impressions are formed within seconds, and anything less than stellar will see visitors quickly moving onto another website
- A great website design team – while not a website feature per se, you want a team that intrinsically understands the needs of the real estate market and those of homebuyers worldwide. A team that can build you a website can meet these needs, to improve your visibility online, amplify your property listings, and attract visitors to your site. At Qobrix, we have a team of developers and creatives who’ll work with you to design a beautiful website that meets today’s industry and customer requirements. A website with must-have features and functionalities to boost client acquisition and retention.
Adopting a technology solution like Qobrix, that’s been built for the real estate industry, will help you solve the main challenges facing real estate professionals today, boosting sales and customer retention.