The release of Qobrix v35.23.0 brings a variety of fixes and improvements throughout the system.
Dynamic Login Redirect
In this version we are releasing the first draft of the dynamic login redirect. This should help with confusion and frustration of the new users logging into a Qobrix application, where they haven’t been granted sufficient access rights yet. Until now, a logged in user was redirected to the Dashboards, and from there, either shown the first available dashboard, or a message that no dashboards are available. However, if the user had no access to Dashboards at all, he or she would get a confusing “Forbidden” error.
Qobrix v35.23.0 improves the above in a couple of ways. Firstly, instead of redirecting the user the Dashboards to which he might or might not have access, we now redirect to the first available Main Menu item. So, for example, a user without access to dashboards but with access to Leads, will see Leads straight away now. Secondly, if the user has no access to the system at all, we now show a user friendly screen telling them that they need to contact their system administrator because they don’t have much access to the system.
This version iterates over the Surveys functionality once again. We have fixed a few minor issues with the date selectors, and added the new Expiry date field to the Surveys. With that it is possible to specify until which date the survey is available. This also makes it possible to use surveys for temporary purposes.
As always, there’s a multitude of other small fixes and improvements, which are either not immediately visible to the end user, or are too many to list. The two most important of these in this version are:
- Fix for the query filtering which was affecting a number of permission scenarios, especially listings in the related tabs.
- A user interface improvement on how the user avatars and related module links are rendered. These now use button styling instead of label styling, and show avatars with more consistency, similar to how the module icons are rendered (within a button rather than outside).
- qobo/project-template-cakephp updated from v39.14.0 to v39.15.0
- aws/aws-sdk-php updated from 3.67.3 to 3.67.4
- brainmaestro/composer-git-hooks updated from v2.4.5 to v2.5.0
- mobiledetect/mobiledetectlib updated from 2.8.32 to 2.8.33
- qobo/cakephp-csv-migrations updated from v31.5.0 to v31.5.1
- qobo/cakephp-roles-capabilities updated from v16.3.0 to v16.3.1
- qobo/cakephp-survey updated from v1.5.12 to v1.5.14