The release of Qobrix v36.3.0 brings a variety of fixes and improvements throughout the system. Flexible Views and Aggregated Fields are particularly noticeable changes in this version.
Since the early days, Qobrix used a two-column approach to the screen layouts. This was the idea we borrowed from the SugarCRM and a few other systems and it served us well. But with more and more fields added to each Qobrix applications, all screens became quite lengthy and required a lot of scrolling. So during the recent release of Qobrix v36.1.0 we added support for much more flexible views. Now, the full grid, or up to 12 columns, can be utilized for organizing the fields.
In this release, we utilized the functionality of the Flexible Views and rearranged some of the screens throughout Qobrix modules and applications to allow for a much more condensed presentation of the information and forms. The screenshot above shows an example of the Calls module, which now uses three columns.
Qobrix v36.3.0 introduces support for the Aggregated Fields. These are virtual, computed fields which can now easily be added to any module. Virtual fields are those that don’t physically exist in the database tables. Instead, they are computed on the fly based on some data in the system.
In order to demonstrate the functionality, we have added the “Last Call Outcome” aggregated field (featured in the above screenshot) to the Leads and Accounts modules of Qobrix CRM applications (generic CRM, Forex CRM, and Real Estate CRM). This particular field is value is calculated based on all the Calls related to the current Lead or Account. The last Call is selected based on the Start Date field of the Call. And then the value of the Call Outcome field is shown as a native field of the Lead or Account. This simple, yet powerful functionality allows to improve the efficiency of the system, saving the time for users and minimizing the required clicks and scrolls for fetching basic information.
This functionality can easily be applied to a variety of other scenarios, especially in the Forex CRM, for fields like “First Deposit Date”, “First Deposit Amount”, “Total Deposit Amount”, “Average Deposit Amount”, “Total Deposit Amount”, etc. Currently provided aggregators can find first record, last record, record with minimum or maximum values, calculate totals and counts. These are also easy to extend and change. We will iterate over this functionality a few more times in the nearest future, once we gather some feedback from the deployed systems.
Various Fixes and Improvements
As with any other Qobrix release, this version brings a variety of small fixes and improvements throughout the system. Some of the most noticeable are:
- Delete record confirmation popups use descriptive record reference like name or title instead of the cryptic ID.
- Delete record confirmation popups don’t ask to confirm twice anymore.
- The link to the change author is fixed in the Changelog pages.
- The change author is now correctly set for records created or updated via API requests, imports, etc.
- Developers and system integrators now have a lot more control over which event listeners are used by the automatic event listener loader.
- Ignore filesystem errors deployment configuration now handles the exit codes a lot better. In fact chmod/chown operations have been removed from the installation instructions and other bits of the documentation.
- Git version control configuration has been updated for the attributes of the PHP, HTML, CSS and other files, which now helps git produces better context for reviewing the differences, as well as viewing the log history of functions.
- Added cleanup of the Scheduled Jobs logs, both from the command line via CakePHP shell, and via the web interface.
- qobo/project-template-cakephp updated from v40.2.0 to v40.3.2
- aws/aws-sdk-php updated from 3.67.19 to 3.68.1
- qobo/cakephp-csv-migrations updated from v31.8.0 to v31.9.0
- qobo/cakephp-groups updated from v9.1.0 to v9.1.1
- qobo/cakephp-roles-capabilities updated from 16.4.0 to v16.4.1
- qobo/qobo-robo updated from v2.1.0 to v2.1.1