Real estate professionals carry out multiple sales related tasks and activities on the daily. Increasing productivity is an ongoing challenge and requires a high level of structure and efficiency to be successful at it.
In this blog, we’ll look at ways you can increase productivity, improving the likelihood of converting leads and boosting sales.
Table of Contents
- Set daily goals to increase productivity
- Time block your day
- Identify when you are most productive
- Increase productivity by reducing distractions
- Make use of technology
- Increase productivity by sharing the workload
1. Set daily goals to increase productivity
Knowing what you’re working towards every day helps keep you motivated and accountable. Having a list of what you want to accomplish eliminates that feeling of being overwhelmed by no set plan. You also don’t want to reach the end of day wondering what it was you had to do. And realising that all you’ve done pretty is much nothing at all.
“Action is the foundational key to all success.”
Picasso, Spanish painter
2. Time block your day
Managing your time efficiently is key in getting through your list of daily goals. The real estate industry is super customer centric and the temptation to try and do everything for everyone is big. This doesn’t work very well when you start dropping the balls, providing subpar customer service.
A possible solution is to time block your day according to your priorities. In this way, you regain control over what you’ll be doing or who you’ll be seeing and when.
“Time blocking is a time management technique. It requires that you divide your day into defined slots or chunks of time, each one dedicated to completing a specific task or group of tasks, and only those.”
There are several benefits that come with blocking chunks of your workday:
- Multitasking is discouraged, enabling you to fully focus on one task or activity, boosting efficiency
- You’re able to better sort your list of to-dos from the most important to the least critical
- Saying no becomes easier as you become more mindful of your time
- Time-blocking forces you to commit, combatting procrastination
“Lost time is never found again.”
Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father of the United States
Make use of a proper calendar to block your time in a structured, more efficient way. Real estate CRM software with a convenient calendar functionality, like Qobrix, will help you automate this task, increasing productivity in the process. With Qobrix, you can use the calendar to record and track all real estate activities including tasks, calls, viewings, and any follow-ups. All calendar events can also be received on your iPhone or Outlook calendar by using ICS feeds.
3. Identify when you are most productive
Not everyone can offer the same level of focus or productivity at the same time of day. We’re all wired differently. Some of us find we work better in the mornings, others at lunch or even late afternoon.
Get into the habit of scheduling in the most important real estate activities when you’re most productive. Incorporate this strategy when you’re time blocking your day. This will increase efficiency, allowing you to get the most done in any given day.
“Productivity is being able to do things that you were never able to do before.”
Franz Kafka, writer
4. Increase productivity by reducing distractions
Reducing distractions requires that you set boundaries so that you can give a task your full attention. To do this successfully, you’ll need to properly manage colleague and customer expectations. With co-workers, clearly communicate when you’re available for calls or meetings. With customers, block off time that’s devoid of any disturbances so that you can give them 100% of your attention.
Maximise productivity by maintaining a proper balance between what you can handle and what others think you can handle. Do this in a way that works for you.
“Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is specifically your own.”
Bruce Lee, actor
5. Make use of technology
To be successful in a highly competitive real estate industry requires technology tools that can help you:
- Automate workflows and business processes
- Better organise tasks and activities
- Boost lead generation efforts
- Simplify management of property listings
- Quickly match leads to properties
- Easily track your sales and marketing efforts
- Generate marketing material at the click of a button
- Offer easy reporting and business insights in real time
A real estate platform like Qobrix is an all-in-one technology solution that’s been built specifically for real estate professionals. Qobrix offers multiple features and functionalities that improve business efficiencies, boost the performance of your sales and marketing teams, and enhance the customer and partner experience. This includes:
- A powerful, real estate CRM system for lead tracking and conversion, amplification of listings, optimisation of all critical tasks and activities, monitoring of the entire sales lifecycle and smart reporting, and more
- A bulk real estate website builder to create hundreds of branded websites or landing pages in minutes
- Innovative client and agent portals to simplify communication and access to important property or project information/documentation
- Seamless website and CRM integration for quick and easy website updates
Global real estate agents, property developers and asset managers can benefit from leveraging a tool like Qobrix in today’s highly competitive property market.
6. Increase productivity by sharing the workload
The risk of burnout is high if you attempt to do everything yourself. Asking for help doesn’t always come easy but is sometimes necessary to deal with feeling overwhelmed.
Look at the areas where you think you may require assistance or support. If you’re part of a larger team, consider who you could collaborate with to execute certain these tasks or activities more smoothly. And where possible, delegate work that can be equally handled by others.
It’s clear that increasing productivity comes with working smarter, rather than harder. Leveraging technology significantly impacts our levels of efficiency too and reaching out to others is encouraged. What are the ways that you strive to be more productive at work?