MailChimp is undoubtedly a powerful marketing automation tool, and an integral component of most email marketing campaigns today.
This is not surprising when one considers that for “every $1 you spend on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $42”. In fact, according Oberlo, “email continues to be the main driver of customer retention and acquisition for small and midsize businesses. According to the data, 81% of SMBs still rely on email as their primary customer acquisition channel, and 80% for retention”.
So how does a real estate business leverage the power of MailChimp to grow their business and boost sales? This is what we’ll look at in this article.
Table of Contents
- Integrating MailChimp with your CRM
- Create an effective email marketing strategy using MailChimp
- Use marketing automation best practices
- Customer segmentation in real estate
- Ensure clean subscriber lists in MailChimp
- Personalise your emails and optimising the content
1. Integrating MailChimp with your CRM
Email marketing is one of the most cost-effective ways to communicate something to your leads or customers. This requires an email subscriber list that can be built on and managed quickly and easily. By integrating MailChimp with the Qobrix Real Estate CRM system, you can push all leads to your MailChimp account. The leads can be segmented into specific lists based on where they are in the buyer’s journey. Each list can then be targeted with sales and marketing collateral to boost lead conversion and increase sales.
Watch this video to discover just how easy it is to integrate Qobrix CRM with MailChimp.
2. Create an effective email marketing strategy using MailChimp
To be successful with email marketing, you must have a strategy. Creating the strategy requires that you define the context of your email campaigns that will be served through MailChimp and set the relevant goals and objectives.
You need to get to know your audience, measure the impact of each campaign, and analyse the data. You should also use automation tools to customise an experience for people based on their behaviours, preferences, purchase activity, and more. (MailChimp)
“Eighty percent of customers are more likely to buy from brands that offer customized and relevant experiences.”
MailChimp offers a diverse range of automation tools to help you leverage your subscriber lists and increase ROI. This includes customer journey maps, behaviour-based automations, send time optimisation schedules, transactional emails, etc. More on this here.
3. Use marketing automation best practices
For marketing automation to work well, there are certain activities you’ll first need to engage in.
- Set goals for what you want to achieve. Then establish KPI’s based on those goals so you can measure your progress.
- Segment your audience into specific groups. This will be based on criteria specific to your organisation or customers. For a real estate business, segmentation is likely based on where the customer is, in your sales pipeline.
- Create a customer journey to map out the path your customers will follow. Figure out when you want people to enter your workflow—such as joining your subscriber list—and then specify when to move these people forward.
- Use A/B testing to measure performance. You must test to track how your campaigns are doing. Play with images, subject lines, and messaging to identify what best resonates with your audience.
4. Customer segmentation in real estate
The purpose of segmenting customers in real estate is to target them with sales or marketing campaigns specific to their needs. How far along they are in the customer journey usually makes identifying those needs easier. But segmentation can be applied in different ways, as follows:
- Types of properties. Customers could be segmented based on the type of property they seek, i.e., residential or commercial.
- Geographical location. Some realtors may want to segment customers based on the area in which they are looking for a property.
- Demographics. This could be age (millennials or babyboomers)
Knowing what group you’re targeting helps you to better optimise your messaging, particularly in email campaigns. And as Spectrio adds:
- Customer segmentation allows a business to make their marketing more effective, give their customers more of what they want, and drive more sales.
- Through customer segmentation, you can avoid using vague language and messaging that is intended to speak to everyone, but actually speaks to no one. Instead, you can use specific messaging that directly references certain needs and wants and resonates more deeply with audiences.
5. Clean subscriber lists in MailChimp
Having clean, up-to-date records of your contacts is the foundation to making MailChimp work well for you. Remember, these contacts are essentially leads that become your audience in MailChimp. To be able to segment them into separate subscriber lists (customer groups) that can be properly leveraged requires that they be accurate.
“While MailChimp was designed so you should only need one audience, its does have several helpful audience management tools so you can organize and separate contacts. If you do decide to create another audience, keep in mind that data isn’t shared across audiences, and contacts who are in more than one audience will count separately toward your subscriber limit.” (MailChimp).
6. Personalising your emails and optimising the content
An effective email strategy is one that integrates personalisation into the messaging and delivers high-quality content. Here are some interesting stats from Oberlo in this regard:
- The average email open rate is 20.81%. But if you personalize your emails, you’ll start to see the incredible impact that personalization can have.
- Emails with personalized subject lines generate 50% higher open rates.
- The average open rate for a welcome email is 82%
- Reports have shown that adding videos to your email can increase click rates by 300%.
- As many as 87 percent of marketers use email marketing to disseminate their content.
In conclusion, it’s evident that email marketing offers many benefits in terms of improving lead conversion, boosting sales and increasing ROI. MailChimp is a powerful automation tool that will help amplify your email marketing efforts, adding to your success. Start your 15-day free trial of Qobrix and try the MailChimp integration to target your leads better through customised sales and marketing email campaigns.