Most real estate businesses today are pursuing similar goals, to attract quality leads and boost website traffic. Consequently, digital marketing has become a vital marketing activity to for an organization to be successful online. In this blog, we’ll look at what digital marketing is and the KPI’s considered most important to measure effectiveness. We’ll also dive into some of the most notable digital marketing statistics for 2021 impacting most industries worldwide.
Table of Contents
- What is digital marketing?
- Main KPI’s to measure a company’s digital marketing performance across channels?
- Key content marketing statistics
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- Search engine traffic and SEO
1. What is digital marketing?
According to Mailchimp, “digital marketing, also called online marketing, is the promotion of brands to connect with potential customers using the internet and other forms of digital communication. This includes not only email, social media, and web-based advertising, but also text and multimedia messages as a marketing channel. Essentially, if a marketing campaign involves digital communication, it’s digital marketing.”
2. Main KPI’s to measure a company’s digital marketing performance across channels?
Digital marketers will look at different KPI’s for each digital channel to determine how well a company is performing. A social media manager may look at follows, likes, and shares. A content marketing manager will likely consider impressions, time on page, bounce rates, etc. For an SEO manager, organic traffic is a primary KPI.
3. Key content marketing statistics
- 60% of marketers create at least one piece of content each day. (Neil Patel)
- Nearly 80% of B2B marketers report having a content marketing strategy, but only 43% have documented their strategy. That number jumps to 60% among the most successful companies. (impactplus)
- B2B marketers cite lack of time (69%), producing enough content (55%), and producing the kind of content that engages (47%) as their top three content marketing challenges. (Uplandsoftware)
- The top five most common content marketing goals in 2020: creating brand awareness (87%), building credibility/trust (81%), educating audiences (79%), generating demand/leads (75%), and building loyalty with existing customers/clients (68%). (impactplus)
- Annual growth in unique site traffic is 7.8x higher for content marketing leaders compared to followers.
4. Email marketing
- In 2021, 4.03 billion people around the world use email. Experts expect that number to grow as high as 4.48 billion by 2024. (Kinsta)
- Those who were born between 1981 and 1996 spent a whopping 6.4 hours a day on email. 41% even check their work email in bed, before or after work. (Kinsta)
- Email marketing has the best return on investment of any marketing channel—4200%, in fact. That means for every $1 you invest in email marketing; you have the potential of earning back $42. (Influencermarketinghub)
- The overall average open rate is 16.97%, with a 10.29% CTR. (SmartInsights)
- MailChimp measured stats across all segmented campaigns and found that segmented campaigns performed notably better than those that were not. In fact:
o In terms of Clicks, segmented campaigns performed 100.95% higher than non-segmented campaigns. In terms of Opens, segmented campaigns performed 14.31% higher than non-segmented campaigns.
o Audience segmentation is vital to be able to personalise email campaigns and reach the right audiences. It enables you to create messages that answer the questions specific audiences are asking, which boosts lead generation and drives up conversion rates.
5. Social media marketing
Social media marketing is one of the most popular digital marketing activities. As far as Facebook and Instagram go, this is what Sprout Social tells us:
- Facebook still reigns as the most used social network in the world. In Q3 2020, the network reported over 2.7 billion monthly active users.
- Links were the most commonly used content type for brands on the network at 44.2% of all brand posts.
Read more about Facebook Marketing for Real Estate Agents in this blog here.
- Instagram has 1 billion monthly active users and 500 million of them use Instagram Stories.
- 90% of US marketers name Instagram as the most important social media platform for influencer marketing.
- The top two most effective content types for influencer marketing are posts (78%) Stories (73%).
Discover how to leverage the power of Instagram in our Instagram for Real Estate blog here.
- As of the second quarter of 2021, Twitter had 206 million monetizable daily active users worldwide. (Statistica)
- Approximately six of every 10 (63 percent) Twitter users worldwide are between 35 and 65 years old. (Oberlo)
- The average time spent on Twitter clocks in at 3.39 minutes per session. (Oberlo)
- 67 percent of all B2B businesses are using Twitter as a digital marketing tool. (Oberlo)
The following insights into LinkedIn were offered by InfluencerMarketing.com:
- 660 million users are on the professional network in more than 200 countries. The platform is also home to over 30 million companies.
- According to LinkedIn, their growth rate is at two new members joining per second.
- LinkedIn gets the most traffic, about 32.01%, from the US. The United Kingdom follows at 7.22% and India at 5.58%.
- LinkedIn offers 9 billion content impressions.
6. Search Engine traffic and SEO
Here’s what we uncovered regarding the search engine and SEO landscape for 2021 (Impact):
- In 2021 (to date), Google accounted for just over 70% of all global desktop search traffic, followed by Baidu at 13%, Bing at 12%, and Yahoo at 2%.
- Google has already received 360 billion searches this year (and counting).
- Of the billions of searches that happen on a given day, 15% of daily searches are new to Google.
- On the first page alone, the first five organic results account for 67.60% of all the clicks.
In this Real Estate SEO blog we discuss SEO tactics for real estate enterprises looking to rank higher on search engines.
We hope you can draw from these stats the insights you need to make improvements to your digital marketing strategy to help your business grow.